Hypernormal Capital Management LLC was founded by Hermann Peterscheck in 2020.
We deeply believe and follow in the tradition of value investors throughout the decades.
- Treat investments as businesses.
- Understand the future value of the business.
- Acquire it at a price below that future value plus a reasonable margin of safety.
To do this we must:
- Keep our operating costs low.
- Invest along with our partners.
- Devote our time to learning and thinking.
- Avoid unnecessary investment activity.
Our investing environment is critical to this process and includes:
- Keep things small: Many funds have large numbers of very smart people making complex decisions. We embrace the opposite. Investing is like Poker and Golf; it requires enormous concentration, focus, psychological control, and infrequent decisions.
Not all games benefit from large teams and fast plays.
- Keep things simple: We believe that a simple approach of owning good businesses for long periods of time is sufficient. We don’t believe in complex instruments, use of leverage, macro trading, currency speculation and so on.
- Keep away from the action: Hypernormal Capital Management LLC is located on the South Coast of Mendocino County, California; far from the epicenters of business and investing. This provides us with a quiet and peaceful environment to think, learn and make occasional decisions.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.