Hypernormal Capital was founded by Hermann Peterscheck in 2020.
We deeply believe and follow in the tradition of value investors throughout the decades.
- Treat investments as businesses.
- Understand the future value of the business.
- Acquire it at a price below that future value plus a reasonable margin of safety.
To do this we must:
- keep our fees and operating costs low.
- invest along with our partners.
- devote most time to learning and thinking.
- engage in long periods of nothing and short periods of action.
Our investing environment is critical to this process and includes:
- Keep things small: Many funds have large numbers of very smart people making complex decisions. We embrace the opposite. Investing is like Poker and Golf; it requires enormous concentration, focus and psychological control. Not all games benefit from large teams.
- Keep things simple: We believe that in most cases a simple approach of buying equities in public markets is sufficient. We don’t believe in complex instruments, use of leverage, macro trading and so on. It’s hard enough to just find good businesses selling for reasonable prices.
- Keep away from the action: Hypernormal is located on the South Coast of Mendocino County, California; far from the epicenters of business and investing. This provides us with a quiet and peaceful environment to think, learn and make occasional decisions.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.